Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lizard identified!

I posted those lizards pictures to my other blog and my friend, TH, replied. He told me he googled "invasive lizards in south Florida." That turned up this link:

http://www.the-lizard-lounge.com/content/gallery/lizard-pictures/red-headed-rock-agama-1.asp

And our own Ms. Kimberly knew what it was and saw it recently, so it's still around. Sure didn't see it on this cold day. She's so smart!!

Not sure why, but, I've always liked reptiles. Would have some if not for the dogs. I seem to remember Leigh M had a room devoted to hers. And, I consulted with Susan O one day and she knew right away how I should gently capture the small black snake stuck in my pool cage. We named him Stu. And, occasionally we see Son of Stu.

1 comment:

elisa carlson said...

I am happy to hear that you saved a snake. I, too, am fine with 'phibs and reptiles and have gone to (at times) somewhat ridiculous lengths to save a frog or toad. That agama you saw must be an escaped pet, huh? I live near Busch Gardens and we have some flocks of escaped parakeets in the trees in my neighborhood(or maybe they're cockatiels or lorakeets...they fly so fast I'm not sure).